Home Alarms That Can Save Your Life
With the possible exception of a very few small communities, it is simply not safe to leave your doors unlocked at night. In fact, in most places it is not safe to leave your doors unlocked during the daytime. Technological advances in recent years and the responsiveness of the home security industry have coalesced to create home alarms that can save your life. Some of these alarms offer levels of protection that go miles beyond the simple burglar alarm on the front door.
Among home alarm systems that can save your life are the systems that warn you, your neighbors and the monitoring company if an unauthorized individual gains entry to your home. These systems include:
- alarms on doors
- home alarms on windows
- home alarms when someone enters your yard
- home security alarms when someone is moving around in your home
- house alarms when someone breaks the glass in a door or window.
These are very important components of a system of home alarms that can save your life. Yet there are other home alarm systems that are equally important. These newer and more sophisticated alarms and monitors reflect the changing needs of families today. As Baby Boomers age and the average life expectancy continues to rise, more and more families will include older family members who might have medical conditions that can result in emergency needs.
More families have vacation homes which are unattended for part of the year or are used only on weekends. As more people choose to run their own businesses from home, the garage often gains an office or workshop addition. There are now home alarms that can protect your property with smart monitoring and there are alarms that can save your life – literally.
An integrated system of home alarms can provide protection for your family and your property with:
- smoke and fire detection alarm systems which notify the monitoring company and the fire department.
- carbon monoxide alarms monitoring to notify you if your family is in jeopardy.
- temperature monitoring alarms provide an alert if the temperature inside your home reaches an unsafe level (such as temperatures below freezing that could result in frozen pipes or extreme heat that could cause damage or combustion).
- flood monitoring home alarms detect rising water levels in your home that indicate a broken pipe or flood waters in your house.
- closed circuit TV can help you monitor what is happening on your property and in your home to reassure you that family members are safe at any time.
- panic button home alarms allow you to immediately notify the monitoring company to send help if you need an ambulance, police or fire department.
Perhaps most reassuring are some of the newest home alarms that summon help at the request of a family member or notify you if there is no normal activity in the home. These home alarms have been created primarily for elderly family members who either want to “age in place” (remain in their own homes independently) or who are at home alone during the day or the night. But these type of alarms are also ideal for children who are at home alone after school or for people with other special needs or disabilities.
The first type of home alarms for individuals with special needs. These alarms provide a device (pendant, rink, or wristband) with a personal help button which the individual can use to call for help. The devices can request help if the person cannot reach a phone for any reason (whether there is a stranger in the yard or a medical emergency). You can go to work without worry about your parent.
The second types of home alarms for individuals with special needs are very sophisticated monitoring systems that are programmed to detect specific types of activity within the home. These monitors look for activity outside the bedroom at key times or look for someone who has entered a bathroom to exit within 60 minutes. They can even be programmed to detect movement where medications are kept at the appropriate times of the day.
Technology has moved home security to a new level of personal and property protection. Do you have home alarms that can save your life?
If you are you looking for an alarm company to further protect your home, then turn to Protech Security Systems. We’re one of the top alarm companies in Southern Arizona. Based in Tucson, AZ, our company provides security solutions throughout the entire state of Arizona. For more information, click here.